- 80 ml chicken broth
- 4 g oyster sauce
- 15 ml soy sauce, or as needed
- 10 ml fish sauce
- 4 g white sugar
- 5 g brown sugar
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 455 g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, coarsely chopped
- 40 g sliced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 g minced Thai chilies, Serrano, or other hot pepper
- 40 g very thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 315 g hot cooked rice
- Whisk chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Drizzle in oil. Add chicken and stir fry until it loses its raw color, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in shallots, garlic, and sliced chilies. Continue cooking on high heat until some of the juices start to caramelize in the bottom of the pan, about 2 or 3 more minutes. Add about a tablespoon of the sauce mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until sauce begins to caramelize, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the rest of the sauce. Cook and stir until sauce has deglazed the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until sauce glazes onto the meat, 1 or 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil. Cook and stir until basil is wilted, about 20 seconds. Serve with rice.